The children are having a blast conducting surveys of one another and collecting & plotting data on a number of topics, so as a provocation, I set up this pictograph for Tuesday morning to surprise them with the news that not only we're we having visitors from Mme Leblanc's class coming to buddy up with us, but that we were finally able to utlize our Grow Tower (we'd been waiting for brand new-to code light-bulbs). The children voted on the plant they were most excited about growing, and we set off to work with our blossom buddies to plant our seeds and add nutrients to our grow pods and add them to the tower. The children were so excited, that several of them wanted their buddies to come back the following DAY to reap the benefits of our garden, forgetting that it will take just a wee bit more time before we can harvest.😀Thank you to Mrs. Hanna who hung out with me after school on Monday night assembling lights and readying the grow tower.
We continue to work on ball skills in the gym, but imagine my pride when I notice two classmates who are supposed to be playing 'hot potato catch' independently problem solving whose chosen ball to use first. I like how they're thinking!
- Wednesday January 23 is Litterless Lunch. We are practicing having garbage free lunches (excluding compost) & tallying our class results. We're also transferring that data into tangible bar graphs using unifix cubes. The grade three children will be collecting data school-wide starting next month.
- Thursday January 24 will be Snuggle Up with a (Small) Stuffie & PJ Day
- Friday January 25 is a PD Day, so no school for your little ones.
- WWW for next week are: best, pretty, what, there, no, read.
- Assessment Folders will be coming home in the next week with some samples of the children's work/assessments. Please ensure that they are returned as soon as possible.
- We will be visiting the library this week. Please send in late library books. If you cannot find the missing book, please send a note and I will provide you the information from Miss Jenn, our librarian tech, on the cost to replace the book.
Thank you and have a great weekend!